Top performing, results focused Experience Designer with a passion for integrating empathy, inclusion, and interactivity into Front-End design. Known for improving efficiency and increasing client satisfaction by identifying and resolving issues and discrepancies. An outstanding communicator, capable of building and leading cross-functional teams, interacting with top clients, delivering presentations, and collaborating across all organizational levels to ensure the achievement of all immediate and long-term company goals.Areas of Expertise include:
- Visual & Interaction Design
- Artificial Intelligence
- Rapid Prototyping
- Web Development
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Communication & Collaboration
- Strategic Thinking
- User & Classical Research
Kuttle, Inc / Willomy
Okemos, MI • February 2018 to Present
Developed strategy for more human-centered experience design. Wrote and presented on strategy towards greater investment in the user. Developed method for painting with Artificial Intelligence.
- In early 2017, my grandmother was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and I stepped up to take care of her as she was unable to do so herself prolonging her life and stabilizing her condition while my mother worked. My grandmother’s condition is; now, thankfully, stable. During this time, I remained self-employed doing the following; I am however now ready, able, and wanting to join a team collaborating to make viable technology.
- Wrote essays on Human Experience Design and Development techniques including hierarchy of innovation and presented on techniques to clients for a people-first methodology towards creating products.
- Thoroughly consulted 3 clients in accessibility, user experience, and visual brand and Font-End Design and Development.
- Used Artificially Intelligent method for painting to create 211 paintings by hand and with code, won Mid-Michigan visual art competition and earned spot in gallery and opportunity for work to be auctioned.
- Learning French and Dutch, refreshing Spanish, as well as wrote 15 poetic works and designed sound and motion to bring some paintings to life.
Lansing, MI • January 2017 to February 2018
Experience Designer & Accessibility Expert
Utilize expertise in WCAG 2.0/2.1 and Front-End Development/User Experience to steer prototype and website design toward greater user empathy, inclusion and accessibility, serving thousands of registered and active users on a weekly basis.
- Designed and implemented innovative strategy to identify and resolve accessibility and usability barriers, and co-delivered presentations at 3 industry conferences.
- Used strategy to launch 60 courses, resulting in a 40% reduction in time spent.
- Spearheaded remediation of company’s largest client’s courses into highly accessible and interactive experiences.
- Served as key influencer, motivating leadership and coworkers to improve company culture regarding design and development workflows.
- Played a key role in development of large-scale websites, including Flint’s FNT Bishop Airport.
Kuttle, Inc / Willomy
Okemos, MI • August 2016 to January 2017
Conducted contextual inquiries, interviews, and classical research from a philosophical perspective regarding AI, consciousness, and emotions to facilitate goal planning and accomplishment.
- Overcame extensive obstacles to create 2 hi-fidelity prototypes after 100 rounds of iteration of an AI assistant featuring empathy and more meaningful action to refute Searle's Chinese Room, a thought experiment against Strong AI. Learn more in my portfolio.
- Conducted extensive research to improve ability to develop unique, human-centered products.
Usability/Accessibility Research & Consulting
East Lansing, MI • May 2016 to December 2016
Provided strong leadership in writing reports and evaluating products for a wide variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Provided in-depth consultation to numerous Fortune 500 companies to facilitate building of more universal products.
- Consistently increase client understanding and drive to create highly accessible and user-friendly products.
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI • October 2015 to December 2016
Ensured recurring focus on accessibility through in-depth evaluation of University products, campaigns, and purchases.
- Played a key role in development of inclusive, universal design culture.
- Successfully applied and expanded ability to create engaging user experiences through development of new Admissions, Scholarships, and Title IX websites.
Lansing, MI • June 2014 to April 2016
Provided customer service and technical support in a high-volume retail environment, and learned a great deal about empathy and connecting to the public to develop creative solutions to technological problems.
- Utilized technological expertise and exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver the highest level of customer service, resulting in setting records regarding on-site and daily profits, without commission as a motivation.
- Played a key role in assisting local businesses find helpful solutions with Apple products and technology, generating rapport and trust.
Champaign, IL • August 2013 to December 2013
User Experience Intern
Provided key leadership in the UX portion of Design & Development of company products & services.
- Performed an integral role in Technical Support Survey system launch.
- Successfully redesigned and prototyped for Stephen Wolfram's Blog.
- Conducted thorough and accurate usability evaluation of company's first responsive site, Wolfram Solutions.
Champaign, IL • May 2013 to August 2013
User Experience Intern
Successfully championed cause of greater, more inclusive & universal UX as first of two company internships.
- Fostered an environment of collaboration across multiple departments and teams, including all levels of leadership.
- Spearheaded optimization of user flow and prototyping of interactions in company's Premier Service purchasing process, resulting in increased efficiency and profitability.
Prior Experience at Michigan State University.
Bachelors of Arts, Experience Architecture, 2016
Michigan State University • East Lansing, MI
Cumulative GPA: 3.54 • Dean's List awarded Spring 2011, Spring 2015, Fall 2015, and Spring 2016
Regularly recognized for exceeding performance expectations